This page is updated periodically with new information. Don't see the answers you are looking for? Feel free to reach out to me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form here with your questions. There's no charge for asking and you can help the cause by adding to this page!
1) What is the difference between "editing" and "proofreading"?
In a nutshell, proofreading is the final or near-final step a document goes through to catch those last pesky typos. Editing happens before proofreading. Editing looks at everything from flow and readability, to grammar and syntax, word choice, style, purpose, and voice. Editing can be light work, or it can be major work! A heavily edited document may, for all practical purposes, come out the other end of the editing process looking nearly unrecognizable from the original document across various literary counts! Proofreading at the end should catch the final "they're's" and "their's" and those final clingy typos that have staied on until the last minute - yeah, stayed is intentionally misspelled in this case to make this point! Fine, I know that's corny!
2) Can you "just take a quick look" at my document?
Not a problem at all - for initial review and a price quote! I don't "just take quick looks" at documents for editing & proofreading purposes to "see if it all sounds good," however. I use to, early on in school, when I was gaining the reputation for being "the guy" to go to for editing and proofreading of documents, until I realized that it was just a cheap way for someone to pawn off an editing or proofreading job on me (facepalm) (facepalm) (facepalm). It took me awhile to realize this - yeah, laugh all you want, sometimes I'm slow about stuff like this!
The scenario would almost always start with "Com'on, just a quick look to see if it 'sounds ok.'" Well, that may sound innocent enough to a novice, but then taken them up on the task, and, low-and-behold, there are changes that need to be made! And, pretty soon, you could easily find yourself up to your eyeballs in a totally unexpected heavy editing job, especially when giving a "quick look over" a poorly translated document, for example!
3) What if my document is formatted differently than the formatting you use for your price calculations?
Not a problem! Just because these are the guidelines we use to calculate our costs, doesn't mean YOU are forced to format your work that way! When you give us your document for a price quote, the first thing we will do is MAKE A COPY OF IT (don't worry, after passing you the finished product we'll delete everything that we might have remaining our our end, unless you request or otherwise explicitly give us permission to retain a copy of your piece). For documents that you send to us that are not already formatted according to our pricing guidelines (double-spaced, 12-14 point Times New Roman or Calibri font, 1-inch margins all the way around), we will format a copy of your document in the following way:
- double-spaced, 13-point Times New Roman or Calibri font, 1-inch margins all the way around,
- delete all charts, graphs, images and works cited pages in the copy of the document, unless it is explicitly stated upfront by your that these should be considered as part of the job.
We will proceed with calculating a price quote once we have made a COPY of your document in this format.
If you accept our price quote and choose to partake in our services, then we will do the translation work using a copy of the document that follows your original formatting style.
Site last updated September 26, 2022 _____________
This Privacy Statement was last updated June 15, 2022. WARNING: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE! ANDREAS PHILIP GROSS IS A PROUD MEMBER OF ZAZZLE, INC.'s AFFILIATE PROGRAM. YES, ANDREAS PHILIP GROSS MAKES MONEY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE THROUGH BOTH AFFILIATE SALES AND DIRECT OFFERINGS. CONTINUE READING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT TO FIND OUT MORE! The terms "the Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises website," "the Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises site," "this website," "the website," "this site, "the site," "this website you are currently browsing," or "the website you are currently browsing" refer to the Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises website found at this URL: www.apg-enterprises.com, built on Weebly, Inc's. website builder platform, and established, owned, and operated by Andreas Philip Gross, sole proprietor.
The legal entities you have the potential to - and probably will - interact, transact, do business with, or otherwise come across and deal with in one way or another while using this site include:
- Andreas Philip Gross: founder, owner, and operator of Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises, sole proprietorship.
- Your own Internet Service Provider, data plan, managed group network, or other service by which you connect to the Internet to view and browse this site: you will have to connect to the Internet to view and browse this website. With regards to viewing, browsing, and otherwise using and interacting with this website, you are 100% solely responsible for your own connection to the Internet and knowing who is providing the connection to the Internet that you are using. Andreas Philip Gross has no say, part, or other responsibility regarding how, when, or what service you use to connect to the Internet to view, browse, and otherwise engage with this website.
I, ANDREAS PHILIP GROSS, DON'T SELL YOUR DATA, GIVE IT AWAY TO 3RD PARTIES, OR USE IT FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. IF YOU DO ENTER ANY TYPE OF INFORMATION ON THIS SITE, HOWEVER, WEEBLY, THE PLATFORM ON WHICH THIS WEBSITE IS BUILT, WILL TAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO SAFEGUARD YOUR DATA. THIS INCLUDES ADMINISTRATIVE, TECHNICAL, AND PHYSICAL SAFEGUARDS, TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION FROM LOSS, THEFT, AND MISUSE, AND UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, DISCLOUSURE, ALTERATION, AND DESTRUCTION. NEVERTHELESS, THE INTERNET IS NOT A 100% SECURE ENVIRONMENT, AND WEEBLY CANNOT GUARANTEE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF THE TRANSMISSION OR STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION. WEEBLY HOLDS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU ON ITS OWN PREMISES AND ALSO USES THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
WEEBLY MAY USE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, JAPAN, THE EUROPEAN UNION, AND OTHER COUNTRIES.
WHEN YOU USE THIS WEBSITE, ANDREAS PHILIP GROSS ENTERPRISES, THE WEBSITE ITSELF, BUILT ON WEEBLY'S WEBSITE BUILDER PLATFORM, COLLECTS USER INFORMATION FROM END-USERS - THAT'S YOU, THE PERSON BROWSING THIS WEBSITE RIGHT NOW :). WEEBLY REFERS TO THIS INFORMATION AS "Your Customers' Data," AND WEEBLY COLLECTS THIS INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
● Device Information: Information about your device, including hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with Weebly's Services.
● Identification Information: Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; or other historical, and contact information, if you enter it anywhere on the site Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises for any reason.
● Location Information: The location of your device if you pay for anything on the site, Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises, using Apple or Android Pay.
● Transaction Information: When you make or otherwise record any payment to me, Andreas Philip Gross, directly through the site, Weebly collects information about when and where the transaction(s) occur(s), the names of the transacting parties as entered, a description of the transactions which may include item-level data, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the device(s) and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
● Use Information: Information about how you interact with the site, including access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, IP address, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, features you use on the site, and the date and time of use of the Services.
● Any Other Information You Voluntarily Provide: This includes any and all information that you voluntarily provide or otherwise input into Weebly’s systems (for the purposes of our discussion here covering the usage of this website, this means any information that you directly enter on the site Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises) including survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; or any other actions performed when you interact with the website Andreas Philip Gross Enterprises.